Seminars focusing on theory and practice to make students aware of what it means to be a Spanish teacher. They will acquire the basic knowledge, skills, tools and technique needed to begin teaching. The course addresses the main problems that teacher trainees experience and presents the latest developments in Spanish/foreign language teaching.
From the most general questions (What does teaching Spanish consist of? What job opportunities are open in the field?) to very specific ones (How to correct my students? How to approach this grammar question? What book should I choose? How can I check my students' progress?) These are just a few of the many questions that the course focuses on answering.
- Introduction. Basic concepts and communicative approach. 5 hrs.
- The four skills I: reading comprehension and writing. 5 hrs.
- The four skills II: listening comprehension and speaking. 5 hrs.
- Dealing with grammar: pedagogic grammar. 5 hrs.
- Workshop on producing materials. 5 hrs.
- Teaching resources I: cinema and literature when teaching Spanish as a foreign language. 5 hrs.
- Teaching resources II: press, comics and Internet when teaching Spanish as a foreign language. 5hrs.
- Teaching resources III: ICT and virtual learning environments. 5 hrs.
- Teaching resources IV: Gamificating the classroom: we learn playing. 5 hrs.
- Assessment: principles and techniques. 5 hrs.
- Observation and internships. 10 hrs.