CREDITS: 12 ECTS / 6 US Credits
DURATION: 8 weeks (May-July)
Dates: May 17th - July 11th (suggested dates, let us know if you would prefer to slightly modify those dates).
DESCRIPTION AND GOALS
The course is mainly aimed at students who wish to experience a hands-on approach to the business area in the Spanish context. It is designed for students to accomplish the following goals:
- To get to know the structure and working procedures of a company,
- To develop professional skills in the area of the company, and
- To get acquainted with the dynamics of professional relations in the Spanish speaking world.
This will be a learning and training experience. Students will be expected to gain professional self-awareness through observation, participation, and analysis of professional activities and through the interaction with colleagues in a work environment related to their field. It will develop in two different settings: a Spanish company, and the university, where students will be advised by their internship supervisors. Both their company supervisor as well as their course instructors will assist students through their duties.
Students with a background in areas such as Marketing, Business Management, Public Relations, Culture/Art, Accounting and Finance, Tourism, International Relations / International Studies, Technologies / ICT, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Health Sciences…
Students will need to:
- Spend up to 5 hours per day at a local company, where they will need to do the tasks assigned by their company supervisor. The company’s work environment will be in Spanish. However, students may need to complete some tasks in English.
- Attend weekly meetings with their in-company supervisor, as well as with their Deusto advisor.
- Write a logbook, which will be e-mailed to the Deusto supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Write a final report, to be submitted at the end of the Program.