Seminars focusing on theory and practice to make students aware of what it means to be a Spanish teacher. They will acquire the basic knowledge, skills, tools and technique needed to begin teaching. The course addresses the main problems that teacher trainees experience and presents the latest developments in Spanish/foreign language teaching.
From the most general questions (What does teaching Spanish consist of? What job opportunities are open in the field?) to very specific ones (How to correct my students? How to approach this grammar question? What book should I choose? How can I check my students' progress?) These are just a few of the many questions that the course focuses on answering.
- Introduction. Basic concepts and communicative approach. 5 hrs.
- The four skills I: reading comprehension and writing. 5 hrs.
- The four skills II: listening comprehension and speaking. 5 hrs.
- Dealing with grammar: pedagogic grammar. 5 hrs.
- The leisure component and gaming. 5 hrs.
- The sociocultural component. 5 hrs.
- Teaching Spanish to inmigrants. 5 hrs.
- ICT and virtual learning environments. 5 hrs.
- Materials analysis and teaching resources in the classroom. 5 hrs.
- Observation and internships. 10 hrs.