This web site use private and third party cookies to optimize your navigation, suit your preferences and perform analytical tasks. By continuing browsing accept our Cookies Policy.
SIELE stands for International Service of Evaluation of the Spanish Language, a service of evaluation and certification of Spanish through technological means aimed at students and professionals from all over the world.
It is promoted by the Cervantes Institute, the National Autonomous University of Mexico, the University of Salamanca and the University of Buenos Aires, which guarantees standards of quality and good practices in the preparation of tests, and the use of different linguistic characteristics from the Hispanic world.
SIELE certifies the degree of competence in the Spanish language through four different tests: Reading Comprehension, Listening Comprehension, Written Expression and Interaction and Oral Expression; and takes as a reference the levels established by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) of the Council of Europe.
SIELE is a multilevel test in which the tasks of each test have an equivalent degree of difficulty, which allows locating the candidate at their level of competence, from level A1 to level C1 of the CEFR.
IMPORTANT: THE SIELE CERTIFICATE IS NOT VALID TO APPLY FOR THE SPANISH CITIZENSHIP.
The arrangements are made electronically (registration, reservation, communications) with a SIELE exam center and a dating system.
• Agile and fast
The results are received within a maximum period of three weeks and the candidate can print out his or her certificate or report from the computer application.
Different types of examination are available to meet the different needs that users and institutions or companies may have.
The exam is carried out at the SIELE exam center that is chosen and on the day it takes place. Educational institutions can create unified systems for training activities regardless of the country of residence of the students and / or professionals.
It is pan-Hispanic and incorporates different linguistic variants of Spanish.
There are two types of SIELE exams to demonstrate your level of Spanish. Here are the details:
1. SIELE GLOBAL It consists of 4 tests that correspond to the four main communicative activities of the language, which are READING, SPEAKING, LISTENING AND WRITING. It has a duration of 3 hours approximately and the total score is 1000 points (each test has a maximum of 250 points). When the Global SIELE is carried out, a certificate of international recognition is received, which is valid for two years and includes a test score within the parameters of the Common European Framework of Reference and a numerical score of 0 to 1000, which is the sum of the scores obtained in each test.
2. INDEPENDENT MODALITIES There are four exam modalities that combine different tests:
- S1 : Reading Comprehension with Listening Comprehension
- S2 : Reading Comprehension with Written Expression and Interaction
- S3 : Listening comprehension with oral expression and interaction
- S4 : Oral expression and interaction
When completing any of the SIELE independent modalities, the candidate receives a report with validity of two years with the score obtained in the test or tests carried out and their correspondence with the CEFR levels. This report internationally accredits the level of communicative competence in the Spanish language.
The SIELE exam will be taken electronically, at the University of Deusto, which will provide each candidate the necessary computer resources and will supervise the development of the tests. The candidate can make an appointment to take the test at the University of Deusto through the web http://www.siele.org/.
You can also decide if you want to take the complete exam or any of the tests according to your needs. For more information and FAQs, please click here.
T, W, R: FROM 3:15PM TO 5:15PM
F: FROM 9AM TO 1:00PM