Course for teachers interested in updating their grammar and cultural teaching resources (social networks, cinema, games…), and in living a dynamic academic experience of individual and group immersion in the Spanish context. Class activities, which will be very practical and full of academic content, will be implemented by other out-of-the-classroom activities (visits to landmarks, popular festivals, food tasting tours…) that will allow teachers to get to know the reality of Spanish culture and society at first hand, and will provide new perspectives for every teacher to update their teaching strategies.
Goals of the Course
- To update the knowledge of Spanish teachers from a linguistic, cultural and methodological point of view.
- To provide teachers with useful updated teaching resources and materials for their classes, with an emphasis on new technologies in the classroom.
- To offer teachers the chance to live current Spanish culture, both in and outside the classroom.
The course includes the following modules
- Teaching Resources for the Classroom: Aimed at teachers wishing to explore state-of-the-art teaching resources in order to update their materials, and guidelines for their integration in the classroom: new technologies and social networks, cinema, literature, audiovisuals…
- Aspects of Spanish Language and its Teaching: An in-depth approach to the knowledge and use of the Spanish language through practical principles and exercises, and the analysis of their teaching according to different methodologies. Special emphasis will be made on grammar aspects problematic for native speakers of English.
- Multicultural Spain: An approach to the knowledge of the Spanish regional variety, characterized by its cross-cultural nature, and also of its society by means of dynamic activities in and out of the classroom.
Besides, all teachers will be offered the option of participating in a conversation exchange with University of Deusto staff in order to improve their oral skills.
*Note: Course materials are updated by instructors every year. If there is any participant who already took the Course on the previous year, instructors will bear it in mind to adapt materials and topics.
If you are interested, you can check the calendar.